Sommerset is a vibrant independent living retirement community. For two generations, seniors from the Sterling community and across the country have been delighted with Sommerset’s worry-free lifestyle, gracious amenities and truly joyful atmosphere.
We’re staffed 24 hours a day
so whenever you need assistance of any kind, you can count on an immediate response from well-trained staff who genuinely care about their jobs – and about you.
Make it home.
Feel free to get involved in the social activities or relax in the comfort of your own apartment, or in our cozy lounge. We can take care of all your transportation and cooking. But, if you love to cook, your apartment has a full kitchen and you’re welcome to bring your car. Pets are allowed, too. In fact, Sommerset is your home, so we give you the flexibility to make it just the way you want it to be.
Services included in Independent Living monthly rent:
- Two meals each day
- Special Holiday meal functions and picnics
- Weekly Housekeeping
- 24-hour emergency response to medical alert system
- Activity, recreation and social programs daily
- Fitness and rehab center
- 24-hour staffing
- Scheduled transportation – shopping, banking, post office, sightseeing, etc.
- Flat linen service – weekly
- Wellness clinic available weekly
- Central heating and air conditioning
- Water (hot and cold) and sewer
- Trash collection and removal
- Interior and exterior maintenance
- Grounds care
Community amenities included in Independent Living monthly rent:
- Restaurant-style dining room
- Lounge with fireplace and library
- Arts, crafts, and game room
- Club room for meetings, parties, and special functions
- Private dining room for residents to entertain guests
- Sun porch and patio
- Gardening in raised flower beds
- Laundry room on each floor – free use by residents
- Emergency medical alert system with call capability from each apartment
- Fire and smoke protection
- Interior corridors and interior apartment entrance doors for greater security
- Package shelf outside all apartment entrance doors
- Interior mail boxes
Services available for an additional charge:
- Beauty and barber salon
- Guest meals
- Community store with notions, greeting cards, etc.
- Catering for small private functions